Qur’an preservation and compilation
- Qur’an Preservation Efforts During the Prophet’s Lifetime
- Sab‘a Ahruf Hadith: Sab‘a Indeed Means Seven
- Seven Ahruf Scheme and the Centrality of the Prophetic Precedent
- Seven Ahruf Hadith: On Suggestions against Centrality of the Prophetic Precedent [NEW]
- Seven Ahruf: Review of Contemporary English Explanations
- No. of Surahs in the Mushaf of Ibn Masud
- No. of Surahs in Ubayy’s Mushaf
- Meaning of Ibn ‘Umar’s statement, “Much of the Qur’an is Gone”
- Reality of the ‘Missing’ Qur’anic Verse on Suckling
- Muslim Studies on Qur’anic Manuscripts
Qur’an: Alleged Problems and Queries
- Refuting Missionaries on Qur’an and Kings in Isra’il before Moses
- Qur’an says ‘Ask People of the Book’: What and Why?
- Correction or Consolation? Qur’an 4:95 and Exemption for the Blind Man
- “Slave for Slave, Woman for Woman”: Qur’an 2:178 Explained
- Qur’an on the knowledge of unborn child’s sex and rain forecast
- Alleged Qur’an Inconsistency: Can I call her mother?
- Does the Qur’an say Torah was given for the Egyptians?
- Qur’an’s Prophecy about the Jews and the Followers of Christ
- Allah Does Not Repent: Examining the use of word ‘taaba’ for Allah
- If and how does Allah misguide people?
Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ): Life and actions
- Orientalist Approach towards the Prophet’s Biography
- Prohibiting ‘Ali from a Legal Marriage: Alleged Inconsistency of the Prophet
- Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) and the devil named al-Abyad
- Fact Check: The Prophet (ﷺ) and Talisman
The Prophet’s (ﷺ) married life
- Basic Facts on the Prophet’s Marriages
- Prophet’s Marital Life: Unconsummated Marriages, Unmaterialized Proposals
- Marriage Related Privileges of the Prophet: A Study in Chronology
- Aspects of Wisdom in Prophet Muhammad’s Multiple Marriages
- The Age Of Khadija At The Time Of Her Marriage With The Prophet
- The Prophet’s conduct with his wife Sawdah: The issue of divorce
- Prophet Muhammad’s Marriage with Nine-Year Old Aisha: A Review of Contentions
- Muhammad Asad on Aisha’s Marriage with the Prophet
- Mistake or Mischief? Dedering and a report on the Prophet’s marriage with ‘Aisha
- Background To Prophet’s Marriage With Zainab
- Two Issues Around Prophet Muhammad’s Marriage With Safiyya
- Truth about Jauniyya, the woman who sought refuge from the Prophet (ﷺ)
- Maria, The Copt: Prophet Muhammad’s Wife Or Concubine?
- The If, When, and Why of Prophet’s Visits to All His Wives in a Single Night
Hadith : General issues
- Authority of Hadith in the Light of Qur’an
- Authority of Hadith and Incident of Pollination of Palm-Trees
- The Problem of Enormous Numbers of Hadith
- Hanafis and Preference between Hadith and Qiyas
- Where is Sahih Bukhari’s Original Copy?
- Al-Jami’ of Ma’mar bin Rashid: Extinct or Extant?
- Al-Bukhari, his “Sahih”, and the Hanafis
Hadith: Discussions on specific reports
- On the question of Adult Breastfeeding in Islamic Tradition
- The Critique of Criticism: Analysis of Ibn Khaldun’s Objections to the Narrations about al-Mahdi
- Aishah’s statement “Your Lord hastens in fulfilling your desires” explained
- Are children born out of wedlock condemned in hadith?
- Does Hadith condemn the infant girls buried alive?
- On Meaning Of The Hadith “There Is No Contagious Disease”
- Hadith and Protection of Makkah and Madina from Plague
- [Explained] Hadith: The Two Months of ‘Id are Never Deficient
- Discussion on ‘Amr bin Maimun’s Narration about Stoning of Monkeys
- Hadith on Prophet Sulayman Visiting Multiple Wives in a Single Night
- Explaining the hadith ‘the abdomen of your brother has lied’
- Explained: Hadith about eating in one or seven intestines
- Abu Bakr’s Befitting Response to a Pagan or an Insult to Another’s Religion?
- Telling Someone to Bite Their Father’s Genitals: Explicit Phrase or Misunderstood Expression?
- Did Aishah Doubt Prophet Muhammad’s Prophethood?
- Understanding “Satan urinates in the ear” hadith
- Hadith: “He whose two days are equal, is a loser”
- A False Hadith: The Prophet Kissed the Genitals of His Little Grandson
- Unverified Story of Uwais Al-Qarni Breaking his Teeth
- Authentic or otherwise? Biting Words of ‘Umar’s Wife
- On Hind bt. ‘Utbah Chewing Hamza’s Liver
About narrators of hadith
- Abu Hanifa’s opinion of ‘Ikrimah
- Is ‘Ikrimah alone in narrating the hadith “Whoever changes his religion, kill him”?
Women and Islam
- Women in Islam: Are they subservient to men?
- Creation from a crooked rib: Does Islam deride women?
- Should women go out and work like men? An Islamic Perspective
- ‘Aqiqah: Why the Difference Between Boys and Girls?
- Does Islam Allow Wife-Beating? The Traditional Understanding of Qur’an 4:34
- Domestic Violence: Critique of some modern opinions on Quran 4:34
- Hadith and the Idea of Women Majority in Hell
- Are the women called devils in hadith?
- A Concise Study of Difference of Opinions in Islam
- Ijtihad: Concept and Queries
- Maqasid ash-Shari‘ah Theory: Between Use & Misuse
- Q&As about Minorities and Slaves in Islamic Law
- Malik’s Principle on the Practice of People of Madina Explained
- Hanafi Jurists and the Punishment of Non-Muslim Blasphemers
- Misreading or Ijtihad: Origins of the Later Hanafi Opinion on Blasphemy
- 6 Phases of the Islamic Scientific Tradition
- Ottomans and the Printing Press: Answering Misconceptions
- Myth and Reality of the Ottoman Harem
- Muhammad b. Qasim and the true story of “damsels in distress”
- Jalaluddin Khwarazm: A Visionary Leader | An Intrepid Warrior
- The State of the Education System in the Muslim World
Answering to antagonists
- Scholars on the Meanings of Khatam an-Nabiyyin
- Ghamidi, Muwatta, and the Return of ‘Eisa
- Answering Revisionists: Can a Muslim Woman Marry a Jew or a Christian?
- Opposition to Rajm (Stoning): Analysis and Refutation
Islam: General Concepts and Queries
- Islam- A System of Life or an Apolitical Set of Beliefs, Rituals and Morals?
- What is Islam? Is it only about acts of worship?
- An Outline Of Orientalist Aberrations About Islam
- Difference between Muslim and Western Conceptions of Religion
- Why people fail to do away with religious doubts?
- Islam’s Attitude towards Expression of Sorrow at the Loss of Loved Ones
- Pleasures in the Islamic Paradise: Spiritual or Sensual?
- Why Islam discourages images of animate beings?
- Traditionalism- A Nostalgia for the Past?
- Why the Devil is called Iblis?